A complete refurbishment and restoration of Grade II listed building
Big School and Chapel, London, N6
- Cleaning and repairs to all brick and stone elevations and part reconstruction to chimney stacks.
- Overwrite large temporary roofs over each building to allow the replacement of Westmoreland. slating, new rainwater installations and extensive leadwork replacement.
- Window overhauling, with some replacements and offsite refurbishment of stained glass windows, soffit cleaning and redecoration from a multi-level birdcage.
- Internal restoration of the Chapel including brick and stone facades, floor tiling, antique joinery, renewal of the heating system, protection to the organ.
- Internal alterations and refurbishment of the Big School including the introduction of a mezzanine floor within the main hall, accessed by three spiral staircases, timber wall panelling, flooring restoration, services installation and refurbishment of four classrooms underneath the main hall.
(Big School) Clague
(Chapel) HMDW Architects Ltd
Gardiner & Theobald LLP
Peter Deer Associates
Big School : AKS Ward
Chapel : The Morton Partnership Ltd
(2012 – 2014)
Big School : 60 weeks
Chapel : 78 weeks